Saturday, May 2, 2009

Warm BEAUTIFUL April days

Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Today was surprisingly warm---again…probably reaching the upper 60’s, perhaps 70’s in some places. I arrived for work at the District Office, checked in, signed a few housing papers and greeted those who were on duty today. It was a pretty uneventful day, besides the beautiful weather! It was clear, sunny and bright out! The snow between my car and my apartment nearly melted all the way away! Geeze, if I’d only waited to unpack! Oh well.
I did get to go around to all of the housing for our staff and check out the bedding situation….We wanted to make sure we didn’t chince anyone on a crappy bed. Well, some didn’t even have a mattress, some looked to be 30 years old, and some were brand new. But, everyone is accounted for. I also had some “bedding” issues myself. Last season Sarah and I got new mattresses, ok, new-er… But, found out that the mattress didn’t match the size of the box spring. We planned to swap out, but it never happened. Soooo, I drug my box spring over to her apartment, switched them and drug the other box spring back to my apartment. Now, let me paint this picture. We don’t live that far from each other. Basically we are catty-corner from each other’s apartment buildings. I didn’t think it was going to be that hard, but GEEZE, were those things heavy. In fact, the one I carried over there was light compared to the one I hauled back…or was it just that I was totally fatigued at that point. I didn’t drag them, but lifted them sort of onto my shoulder and hand. I was pooped! Let’s just say I am relieved to have a matching mattress, and a bed to sleep in, at that.

View on the morning commute! St. Mary Valley!

Weather:
50-70 degrees today. Sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!