Sunday, May 3, 2009

My little protected pets

Thursday, April 30, 2009
I was finally able to go to the visitor center to my office. The road crew was kind enough to have someone plow the parking lot. I waited around the district office until I thought they plowed…I was wrong. I drove up and the guy was walking around the parking lot, to mark where the curb was. I don’t blame him. I couldn’t plow that parking lot by memory or even by the map he was using. PLUS, we just put in a new parking lot, so it would be a shame to wreck it.
I decided to take advantage of this opportunity to drive down the road and see the park. It was only open 1.5 miles up. I drove past the crystal clear water and stared into the snowy peaks. I was really excited to notice the entire herd of Elk laying down on the other side of the lake. I slowly drove and looked at them. They must be tough cookies to weather out these storms! This was a pleasant reminder of where I really worked. I work in a preserve, in a protected area. These elk were protected, just as long as they stayed in the park. I felt like they were my own little protected pets. It’s times like these that make me very thankful for my job and it’s location!

Weather: Partly cloudy, 30’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!