Monday, May 11, 2009

Keepin' Up

Monday, May 11, 2009

Today was pretty uneventful. I went to work, worked, and came home. It was raining up the St. Mary valley but didn’t reach the housing area until 5pm. It’s supposed to do this for the next 5 or 6 days. It’s spring.

One event that is notable is this: I was supposed to work on Sunday. Oops! I didn’t have a copy of the schedule for this week so I didn’t know until I came home from work today. I finally took a look at the schedule and realize, hmmmm, I was scheduled to work yesterday. Last season I did the scheduling, and kept up with it pretty well. This year the task was passed to another lead interpreter…so I guess I’m not keeping up with it. Oh well, I’ll figure something out.

Tomorrow is the first day we will have 7 staff members working, instead of 3 that has been the norm for 3 weeks. I think it will be a challenge to find something for everyone to do. Which can be a very good thing! I’m happy that we are so prepared that we are able to offer our staff preparation time for their programs! Last year at this time, I was just arriving for my first day of work. We also didn’t have access to the Visitor Center due to renovations. It’s a big relief to be prepared!

Weather: 40’s Windy. Afternoon rain, but some mist all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!