Sunday, May 3, 2009

ROAD CLOSED

Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Wow, it just doesn’t stop snowing! Today the roads were really bad. I think there were only employees who live here (in park housing), that arrived for work today. Luckily, that meant I was able to get onto a park computer and check email, look up the weather, and all that good jazz. Well, the computers were as slow as molasses!!!! The entire day I couldn’t concentrate. Oh well, I still got some stuff done.
I did ask our Law Enforcement (LE) Rangers how much snow we got. Drum roll please……..32 inches since Sunday!!! There is probably more than that because the weather station we have doesn’t do 24 hour monitoring (or something like that). Everyone from the west side of the park kept calling us just to say “What’s the weather like over there?” It got old really quick, especially since the west side of the park got NOTHING! No snow, no blizzard, no nothing! It was just grey and cloudy. I think they were jealous!
BLIZZARD, my car is totally covered now!

ALL the roads surrounding us are closed. They are closed all the way to Shelby, MT, which is about a 2 hour drive north east from here. They are also closed all the way to Roger’s Pass, which is about a 1.5 hour drive south. And the Going-to-the-Sun Road is definitely closed! All this weather news was really distracting and I wasn’t as productive as I would have liked to be! Tomorrow is a new day!
Backyard

My shoveled walkway!
Drift by the dorm with Singleshot Mountain in the distance.
The "snow" gauge, with a huge drift next to my back door (left).

Weather: Snow until afternoon, then a bit of sun! 20’s-30’s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!