Monday, February 21, 2011

348 Months Down, Many More Ahead

 February 1, 2011
Me, on my day of birth.

Sitting here in the Dry Tortugas, on the Eve of my 29th birthday. Got to thinking about some visitors I saw today. A couple ladies in their 70’s, complaining about how the sand was different than their sand...how it hurt. I couldn’t help but laugh because it never fails for someone to be in paradise and find a fault. I know I can do that sometimes and that’s why I’m vowing to be more positive and (somewhat) risk taking in the future. It’s not like I’m going to do crazy things...its just that I’m going to think twice about a denial to do something. I want to do as much as I can to experience as much as I can in this lifetime. I may be young, but it doesn’t mean I have to wait until retirement years to do what I want!


The reason they call it the Tortugas!
We’re planning on heading out tomorrow morning. Winds will be a bit against us, but I think we can manage. Might spend two nights at the Marquesa Keys, might not. We’ll see how the first night treats us. I’ll be spending my 29th birthday sailing into an east wind. Cheers to that!


A Pelican that wouldn't leave us alone, at sundown.

Dub watching the sun fade.

The beautiful pastels of the sea.

Sunset on my 29th birthday, well worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!